Walking gives me a lot.


Hi, everyone. How are you going?
I am doing well. My back was pretty sore for the past several days but thankfully it's getting better and better. I found out the reason why I got a relapse. Seems like Gori unconsciously changed the height of my chair when he was using my PC and forgot to put it back to the height that it had orginally been. I didn't know anything about it so I kept sitting on it. I was dull enough not to notice the difference (^^;) Anyway I am very relived to know the cause. At least I know that my walking routine had nothing to do with it. What a relief.

Speaking of walking, I walked for 40 minutes on the treadmill today! This is the longest record so far so I am so stoked and proud of myself. I have been walking for almost 2 months now and the distance I have walked has increased(×The distance I walk for is increasing) day by day. I also walk with my dogs in the afternoon before dark too. We usually walk on the driveway in Gori's mum and dad's property, which includes some relatively steep slopes. When I started this walk, just 10 minute walk made me feel out of breath but now I can walk for about 30 minutes. I am making a progress. aren't I?

When I walk, I try to soften up my back as well. This technique is very similar to the one I showed you in my previous blog, which targeted the neck and shoulders. I press the hard part of my back with my fingers and keep it that way and walk normally for about 30 seconds. I've been doing this for a while and now I know the stiffness trigger point of my back, which is the bottom of the ribs and the muscle where the backbone and the ribs meet. Every time I do this muscle softening up technique, I can tell that the back really softens up. It feels much lighter, which gives me more motivation for walking. So in my case, walking is good not only for being fit but also for my back! I am thrilled!

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy