They are dying!


They are dying! The trees and plants in our gardens are dying!

As you may know, Gori and I are living in his mum and dad's cottage. They were living here while they were building their current ( huge! )house. Gori's mum has a very nice taste in decorating houses and she also has a green thumb. She says she is not good at growing veggies but I DO know that she has a great sense in creating pretty flower gardens. We have a front garden and back garden at the cottage. There is not much going on in the front garden at the moment ( I planted some herbs in Gori's hand-made pots but I let the watering slide (×watering them) so now they are almost dead(^^;) On the other hand, we have (should l say 'had'?) a very nice back garden, which Gori's mum made. When I saw them for the first time, I realised her great sense. That's because you can see beautiful flowers from inside the house through the kitchen window! She is clever, I thought. I like it because sometimes working in a kitchen is a monotonous and uninteresting job but every time I look up, I can see pretty flowers thriving in the garden, which makes me feel happy and encourage me to do the kitchen work. Gori's mum is so smart that she chose all-year-around trees and flowers and they are very strong against dry weather.


↑It looked very nice, didn't it?


But now........






Look at the photos! They are dying! It's been sooooo dry since we haven't had rain for such a long time! Dryness is so severe that all the plants have started to wither. I didn't notice their shocking condition until I went to the garden to pick some lime leaves for cooking thai curry yesterday. Well to be honest, I have(×had) not been paying attention to the garden for a while because it'd been pretty hot so I have (×had) kept closing the curtains of the kitchen windows(^^;) As soon as I saw what's going on in the garden, I decided to do something about it. We don't have a lot of tank water at the moment( actually we'll have to order water again very soon unless we have heavy rain in week or so.) but fortunately we have bore water(spring water), so this morning I hosed each of the trees and plants one by one and it took me almost an hour to finish. You might think we should use the bore water for living but when Gori's mum and dad tested the water, they found out that it contained high level of some harmful minerals in it so we had better not use it just to be on the safe side. But a few days ago when I was talking with Gori's mum, she said that when they tested the water, they didn't test the water straight from the well, instead they used water coming from the water pump. So she said that there could be possibility that the minerals came from the rusty pipe so she is going to test the raw bore water next time. I really hope her theory is right then we don't have to worry about water any more. Fingers crossed!

It is very hot today too. So I guess all the water I gave to the garden this morning has already dried out. I am going to water it later this afternoon.

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy