My Japanese friend's visit


Yesterday one of my Japanese Friends came over to our place. Gori and I picked her up at her place at around 11:00 and we had a chat in Japanese over a cup of coffee( I can't take caffeine so I drank chinese tea^^;) with biscuits which she had brought with her ( I love her!).

Gori looked pretty happy since he got to speak Japanese. I had assumed that his Japanese would be very rusty since we don't usually speak Japanese at home. But he was not that bad at all. I think we should talk in Japanese more often but my Japanese is terrible and I have strong Saga dialects. Since Gori has basically learned standard Japanese, it's difficult for me to teach him... because I don't speak standard Japanese! (^^;) Gori sometimes asks me some questions.. like what a Japanese word or sentence which has equivalent meaning of a particular English counterpart is. And there are lot of times when I can't answer them straight away! It's quite frustrating and a bit sad... you know. I can tell that my Japanese skills are deteriorating. I really need to brush up my Japanese too. But I still want to put English first.

Well, getting back to my friend's visit, after we had a chat, we played a monopoly. Monopoly is a board game where you buy properties as you move on the board and if someone lands your property, you can collect rent from them and buy more property or buy houses on your property.. something like that. You can negotiate and trade properties with other players and if you are short of money, you can mortgage your property or sell your houses. The winner is decided when everyone but one person goes bankrupt. This is a board game, so basically it is luck that decides if you do well or not but having said that, strategy is also important. Decison, decison, decison,, you know.

My friend loved this game and we played twice! It takes at least 2 hours to play this game when we were very close to finish the second game, I was very tired and was running out of concentration. Anyway I won the first game and Gori won the second one. We had a very good time together and I am already looking forward the next time!

*This article has not been corrected yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy