Bug story


Do you like bugs?? Well, I myself am OK with small bugs but I don't like relatively big bugs such as beetles. They are a bit scary.

Speaking of beetles, back in Japan, when I was working as an English language tutor, there were a lot of times when I came across beetles and stag beetles. You know, kids love those kinds of bugs and some of them were very nice enough to show me their precious favourite pets, which were not favourable creature to me(^^;) I really don't like their shiny backs! (><) I also remember when I was teaching some kid at her house, I needed to go to the loo so I asked her mum if I could use their bathroom. That was my first time to use their bathroom. She said yes but her face was a bit clouded, I felt something weird about her but I didn't care and went to the toilet. When I opened the toilet door, there were tons of small containers piled very neatly all over the wall behind the toilet bowl from the top to the bottom! I had never seen anything like that in a toilet! I was totally speechless. I didn't know what they were at first but after I had a good look at them, they turned out to be breeding boxes of beetles and stag beetles! It was a really strange view in the toilet. As soon as I got out of the toilet with a very confused face, the mum came close to me and said,' Are you OK? You must be shocked to see those breeding boxes. We are sorry to make you feel that way but this is one of my husbands hobbies. He breeds beetles and stag beetles in there and sells them when they grow big and he says the toilet is the best place to breed temperature wise(×temperaturewise). ' ' Oh OK. 'I answered. But I was pretty convinced because I had talked her husband previously and yeah, he WAS a very interesting person.

Have I seen a beetle here in Australia? Yes, once. There are lots of bugs around here for example, moths, many kinds of bees, stinkbugs, a lot of flies and more, and of course cockroaches! When I was still in Japan, I heard that roaches in Australia were huge! (><) I have seen some roaches in my house but they were tiny ones. But I have seen a BIG one in Gori's parents house! That was big! It was between 8 to 10 cm long! I can swat and kill small bugs but I don't think I can kill those kinds of huge bugs! It might attack me back, who knows!? I don't have a serious problem with roaches ( yet?) but there are some bugs that troubles me... ANTS!!! They are everywhere, in the kitchen sink, on the cooktop, on the flour where dry dog food bag and wherever food crumble exists. I can understand if they are only crawling with somewhere food exist. But Why are they running around on my keyboard? Why are they having good time in dirty laundry? I have used surface sprays and other products to get rid of them but they only work for a day or two and guess what! In no time ants are coming back to say hello to me!! I think the best way is to keep the house sparklingly clean... but... well...I am a lazybones. I have more interesting stuff to do. I guess I will just have to live with them, won't I ?? ( A big sigh^^;)

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy