Tough luck, dogs! & Melbroune Cup


Well,,, our dogs are very stinky, extremely stinky!! I can't stand the smell!
They must have rolled onto a dead cow again!! ( We live in a cattle farm so there are lots of cattle. Unfortunately some of them can't survive because of a disease or tick problems ><) We gave Ambi and Mick a bath just 3 days ago before Mick's castration. They smelt beautiful after that but now.... absolutely
pong ( ×pongy)!! I don't want to give them a bath again! It's a kind of pain in the neck, you know..

Yesterday
Gori and I went to his mum and dad's house to have a Melbourne Cup lunch with their friends. Melbourne Cup is an Australia's traditional horse race held in Melbourne. It takes place once a year and it is a very important event for Aussies. I read an article about it when I was taking English classes at TAFE and I learned that it is not just a gambling but a part of the Australian culture. People go to see the event especially women get dressed in a very fancy dress and wearing a fashionable hat, which lifts up the festive mood in the event. There are also fashion shows and competition during Melbourne Cup. Usually horse racing is a male thing but this kind of fashion events attracts women's attentions as well. I didn't know anything about horse racing but I picked one horse in the race and bet 10 bucks on it. ( actually, that was Gori's money^^;) My horse was doing well in the beginning but it couldn't keep up the speed. It was a very tight race and all the horses were running very close each other. I don't even know exactly where my horse placed(came in→これもOK), but it was a nice experience and I had a good time.

We wanted to take our dogs to the house as well but since they were so stinky, we thought they could murder someone there( laugh) so we decided not to take them. Soon after they found out that they'd been left behind, they started yelping and whinging so loudly. I felt a bit sorry for them, but we didn't want to ruin the get-together by their pongy smell! So tough luck, doggies!

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy