It's hot but I love it!


It's hot today. It is really hot. Today's highest temperature was 35 degrees. I had a look at a weather forecast website and there was a record of the previous weather of the past several days. I got honestly speechless to see that chart! The highest temperature on the 17th was 41.5 degrees! I couldn't believe my eyes! Because I don't remember it got THAT hot 3 days ago! I must have been having the aircon on otherwise I would have known. Wow 41.5 degrees!

It's really hot but as I said before, I really prefer Aussie summer to Japanese one. It's so dry, not muggy at all( at least to me)! After we had very heavy rain, the air gets a little humid but it doesn't happen very often. Maybe I feel like this because I am Japanese, who have to live with the unbelievably hot and humid summer. I am pretty much immune (×immuned)to humidity. Because Gori and his mum and dad sometimes whinge like' Oh it's muggy today!' or something. Every time they say something along those lines, I think in my mind that you can't survive Japanese summer if you are whinging about this much humidity, which is nothing compared to the one in Japanese summer! Having said that, after I had a panic disorder, it seems like my resistance against humidity has decreased a lot and it was pretty hard for me to live in the last summer in Japan. I got easily cranky and upset because of the humidity.

The other thing That I love about Aussie summer is that the temperature (×gets )cools down when it gets dark. I am not sure if this holds true for (×to) the rest of Australia but I have never experienced Nettai ya ( sweltering nights), can cause tortured (×torturing) sleepless nights. We do have a ceiling fan in our bedroom and of course we use it in summer but we have never used the aircon when we sleep at night, which is great!

We haven't had a lot of rain, which can be a big problem but other than that, I love Aussie weather, which is milder both in summer and winter than Japanese counterparts.

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy