It's hot... very hot today.


It's hot... It's scorchingly hot! The weather forecast said the temperature would go up to whopping 38 degrees today! They said there's a strong heat wave around Southeast Queensland and it'll be staying here for about a week. I've been here for about 2 years now but this is going to be the first time I will experience this much heat! Seems like they haven't had this bad heat wave since year 2000. Thank goodness we have aircons in our cottage. I am technically not an aircon person, but I can't survive this summer without them. Our city is located a bit inland so the temperature tends to rise higher in summer and drop lower in winter than in other cities. It's really hot but I prefer Australian summer to Japanese one because it's not muggy at all! And even when it is very hot in the daytime, the temperature drops down and cools down at night so I really like it. Now I am getting used to Aussie summer, I don't think I can survive Japan's unbearable humid summer any more. ( scary!)

When the temperature goes up, there is high possibility that a thunder storm forms in the late afternoon. It's been hot so we are expecting it to happen but so far there is no sign of it (^^;). The weather forecast said it'll thunder this afternoon so let's see what will happen. We desperately need rain. Oh God, please give us rain, a lot of lot of rain!


By the way, I've watered the back garden for two days. The trees and plants are looking much better! I will keep watering them until we get some rain.

*This article has been corrected by Gori.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy