Mum's visit


Hi everyone, how's it going?

As I had mentioned before, my mum and her friends came over to see me last week. They stayed only 3 nights with me but they said they had a good time. I was so glad to hear that. We didn't do much; we drove around Gympie and went down to Sunshine coast to have a look at the beach (not swim^^;) and went shopping. They really liked our cottage and its surroundings. They also had a good time mucking around with Costa, Ambi and Mick. My mum got very interested in chickens and she said that she wanted to keep some herself too. I had really wanted them to relax here because they had been leading a hectic life in Japan. They were surprised to look at the stars in the sky at night. Sooo many stars! You never see this many stars in Japan.

3 days passed very quickly and we drove back to Brisbane airport on the 23rd. On the way, we were hit by a sand storm but it was not that serious so we guessed there would be no problem with my mum's fight back to Japan. Unfortunately, mum's flight was not a direct one to Narita, so they had to fly to Sydney and take an international fight to Narita from there. I did'n t know how bad the sand storm had been in Sydney until Gori and I got back home. I got shocked to see a picture of Sydney of that morning, it was all orange! I got a bad premonition at the time, and I was right.. I got a phone call from mum around 10 pm and she said their fight to Sydney had delayed about an hour and they couldn't catch the fight to Japan! When they arrived at Sydney airport, the plane had already taken off... I couldn't believe those kind of stuff had happened to us!! I was very worried about them because their English was not that good. After a little bit of commotion at the airport, they got a new fight arranged and booked a hotel to stay that night. They had to stay in Sydney for two nights.

It must have been a very stressing night but mum said she was able to practise her English at the hotel and had a good time. I sensed that she is now more confident about her English. Today I talked to her on Skype and she was more keen on learning English! Good on you, Mum!

I got pretty tired after mums left but I had a good time too. I felt my mum and her friends had become much smaller. Is that because I am used to seeing Aussie?? They are bigger than Japanese, is that the reason??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 My English Diary ~ in Australia~. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy